There are many community projects you can invest in to help HAM care for Grand-Goave and the surrounding areas. By doing so, you have the opportunity to transform a family or even a whole community.
- Water wells $7500 per well. The need for clean drinking water is the highest priority in the community. Women and children from the surrounding area typically walk around 5 km two or three times a day. Drilling for a clean source of water typically reduces disease in rural communities by over 50%. The community of Grand-Goave can benefit from at least 10 more water wells.
- Food distribution $3000 per distribution. The HAM church engages in a food distribution to members of its congregation and the community, which occurs quarterly and provides 500 families with rice and other basic necessities.
- Home care kits $30 each. Provide home care kits that are equipped with day-to-day supplies such as toiletries and small linens, to families in the community that are in need.
- French/Creole Bibles $15 each. Provide Bibles to the local church for distribution to new believers and in evangelism efforts.
- Ministry conferences/Seminars $1,000-$8,000 event. Provide a special week or days of meetings for leaders, women, men, youth or children including providing a daily meal or snacks.
- Community outreaches and social activities $1000 per event. Special activities done out in the community to share Christ in a practical way such as house to house visitation, street dramas, neighbourhood clean-up and sports camps.
- Goats for farm & families- $100-300 each. HAM is currently partnered with Farmhouse Natural Cheese in Aggasiz, BC, to operate a goat farm in Haiti to help provide the community with training for goat farming. HAM also helps provide goats for families to promote self-sufficiency through husbandry.