There are many community projects you can invest in to help HAM care for Grand-Goave and the surrounding areas. By doing so, you have the opportunity to transform a family or even a whole community.
- Water wells $3500 per well. The need for clean drinking water is the highest priority in the community. Women and children from the surrounding area typically walk around 5 km two or three times a day. Drilling for a clean source of water typically reduces disease in rural communities by over 50%. The community of Grand-Goave can benefit from at least 10 more water wells.
- Food distribution $3000 month. The HAM church engages in a food distribution to members of its congregation and the community, which occurs once per month and provides 500 families with rice and other basic necessities.
- Home care kits $30 each. Provide home care kits that are equipped with day-to-day supplies such as toiletries and small linens, to families in the community that are in need.
- Home transformation programs $15- 200. Provide items for homes that would improve the lifestyle and health of people in the community. This could include buckets, water filters, propane stove, etc.
- Health care kits $15 each. Provide home based health care kits to care givers as they go out into the community showing compassion to those who are ill.
- French/Creole Bibles $15 each. Provide Bibles to the local church for distribution to new believers and in evangelism efforts.
- Community education Provide education and aid to the community in the areas of hygiene, cooking, clean water, latrines, and sanitation.
- Ministry conferences/Seminars $1,000-$8,000 event. Provide a special week or days of meetings for leaders, women, men, youth or children including providing a daily meal or snacks.
- Community outreaches and social activities $1000 per event. Special activities done out in the community to share Christ in a practical way such as house to house visitation, street dramas, neighbourhood clean-up and sports camps.
- Goats for farm & families- $100-300 each. HAM is currently partnered with Farmhouse Natural Cheese in Aggasiz, BC, to establish a goat farm and cheese factory in Haiti to help provide dairy to the community and training for goat farmers. HAM also helps provide goats for families to promote self-sufficiency through husbandry.
If you wish to make a donation, please click on the DONATE button on the side of the page.