The last few days have been restful.  Saturday and Sunday we had the opportunity to visit the beach.  It was my first time on the Caribbean!  I even received a free souvenir to remember it by.  My very first Caribbean sunburn!  When they say the sun is hotter and more powerful near the equator, they aren't kidding.  My back has been sore ever since.  My Dad says its as red as his Coca-Cola shirt.  Sunday we had the opportunity to attend the Mahaneim Church, here at Haiti Arise.  They are on fire for Jesus!  The worship is loud and excited.  It was difficult to understand all that was going on, I think our translator doesn't always talk fast enough to relay it all.  Kinda like closed captioning on TV.  It's mostly right, but there are mistakes.  They did a good job translating, though.  I know I couldn't do it. 

Monday, my sunburn really kicked in, as it started to heal it started to hurt more.  I helped my family rebuild a rotten slide structure at the current elementary school, taking breaks when the sun got to hot.  After lunch, my Dad and I worked on clearing a drainage trench to help keep the water off the wall and floor of the church.  Greg worked on figuring out what the electrical problem is between the newer generator and the guest house.  Rob turned off the water to the guest house, making it impossible to shower for part of the evening.  He needed to replace the taps in the ladies washroom.  I tried to convince him to hook up hot water in my shower, but apparently we HAVE to take cold showers.

Today we finished the Church and Kim is finished doing touch ups and cleaning at the Children's Village duplex.  The church roof was leaking and wrecking the floor, which was rotting.  Apparently mango juice melts the galvanizing off the tin, and eats away at the tin.  So Greg and Cam worked diligently at replacing the rusted out pieces of tin.  It was hot work, as the sun reflects off the tin back onto the guy on the roof.  I think it might have been easier just to redo the whole side, but materials for a project that size are hard to come by. 

Its hard to believe our time here is almost over.  The thing I've enjoyed most about being here is the people.  I've met a few really friendly people here.  Daisy (pronounced Dezi) is the guy in charge of the tool room.  He also plays a really mean bass guitar.  Kendi was our interpreter when we went to market, and him and Caleb hit it off well.  The Honorat kids have been fun to hang out with, and have helped us to learn about the culture.  Abi and Caleb have a lot of fun with them.  Tomorrow is our last day, and we have been given the opportunity to head into the mountain village of Value.  It will be exciting to see another part of Haiti.

I am headed to bed now, to take advantage of the air-conditioned room.  Until it shuts off in another hour.  Then we roast in peace.

Good night,

Daniel, with help from my Dad