Hi everyone!! Today was our second day in Haiti and it was a very eventful day. We started our day with a nice Hatian coffee and a tour of all of the Haiti Arise land. Haiti Arise owns quite a bit of land. In our main spot there is our building that we are staying in with administration, an elementary school, a church, a tech school, a tool rental building, a carpenter shop, and a mechanics shop. The elementary school is right beside our building and it is really neat to see all of the kids running around outside often. Many of the children stand at the fence, smiling and waving to us. We got to have a bit of conversation with some of them. Lots of the children know a bit of either Spanish, French, or English. Our team is also practicing our Creyole. The tech school is for adults to learn trades, it is very advanced. They are not only able to learn, but even to practice their trades in the compound. Our team hosts informed us that the government has actually enabled Haiti Arise to give out legitimate certifications and diplomas. All of the teachers, students, cooks, security guards, and other workers are Haitian. Haiti Arise provides the Haitians with so many jobs and opportunities.
After touring our main site, we walked down the paths where many Haitians from the community travel to their homes and to the water canals. We got to see the new property that Haiti Arise is working on. In this area, they are building a primary, middle, and high school. They are also building a few apartments. These apartments are going to be used for Hatian couples who either cannot have children or their children are all grown up. These couples will be chosen for a child with no parents. Haiti Arise also owns a goat farm and a guest house. It is really amazing to see how Haiti Arise is prospering and how advanced they are in everything.

When our tour was over we separated into three groups to start tackling our main projects. Today we accomplished the first coat of paint on the guest house, packing 200 individual backpacks with school supplies, a bit of eletrical work, and fixing doors in our building. I was part of the painting group. Just outside of the guest house, we met two young boys who came and played soccer with us and taught us a bit more Creole.

After the hard work day we had a very good meal cooked for us. We then went to the church. The whole service was in creyole, but there was a translator there. After the service we came back and played some card games. Our team is continually grower closer to each other and to God. I can't wait to see wat else this trip will bring.
Taylor Gould