Short-Term Mission Teams
Building relationships both internationally and locally with the people of Haiti, and more specifically, Grand-Goave and the surrounding communities, is one of our core values. Team involvement of churches and groups in the work of Haiti ARISE is a great tool for building these relationships. Visiting teams partner in building projects as well as a variety of ministry opportunities. Possible activities can include training seminars, medical clinics, food distributions, evangelism, and teaching through the Technical Institute. We desire for teams coming on short term trips to see the value of their trip as a learning experience and a time to fellowship and build relationship across cultures through the universal church setting.
plan your trip
1. Check the team schedule below for possible dates
2. Contact our Haiti ARISE Team Coordinator, Michelle Guenther for a team application form.
3. Once accepted, all team members submit individual applications & confirmation document of team dates & budget must be signed and returned.
4. Start Short Term Mission Leaders training.
5. Train your team & go through the Team Information Packets.
6. Fundraise for your team project & budget.
7. Pack your bags and get jet setting!
Contact Team Coordinator
Dates are set based on activities, staffing & transportation available in Haiti.
July 8 to 31, 2016
Episcopal Music School (Port Au Prince, Haiti)
November 1-15, 2016
Hungry For Life Medical Team (Cranbrook, BC)
Nov. 21- Dec. 1, 2016
Team 1: CrossRoads Church (Red Deer, AB)
Team 2: Available
Jan. 3-6, 2017
Jan. 17- 20, 2017
Gideons (Montreal, QB)
Jan. 30- Feb. 10, 2017
Team 1: Kootenay Christian Fellowship (Nelson, BC)
Team 2: Available
Feb. 17-27, 2017
Team 1: The Link (Medicine Hat, AB)
Team 2: Weyburn Free Methodist (Weyburn, SK)
March 10- 20, 2017
Team 1: Available
Team 2: Gateway Community Church (San Marcos, CA)
March 27- April 6, 2017
Team 1: Grace Gate Community Church
Team 2: Trinity Lutheran (Brooks, AB)
April 10-17, 2017
April 24- May 4, 2017
Team 1: Surrey Alliance (Surrey, BC)
Team 2: Bethel Evangelical (Three Hills, AB)
May 15- 25, 2017
Team 1: Martensville Baptist (Martensville, SK)
Team 2: Daystar
SHORT TERM MISSION LEADER TRAINING
We provide team leader's training, whether you are novice or an expert in missions and international travel and cross-cultural experiences. There is a tremendous value added to you and your team by joining in these training sessions, hosted by STM Leader and done via Skype and email so that you can participate no matter where you are. The cost of the training is included in your team budget. Check out who is STM Leader
team information packets
For your preparation & info concerning short term teams, click on these downloadable Word documents below.
Team Leader's Information Packet - This packet is especially designed for leaders to help in planning their team's trip. It includes information concerning the leader's responsibilities and outlines Haiti ARISE's role in the preparation process.
- Team Member's Information Packet - This packet contains relevant information for every individual team member planning their trip to Haiti, including travel info, packing lists and preparation tips.