Exciting things are happening around here at Haiti ARISE. It has been very busy! Some of the major highlights are:
- 38 people got baptized this Thursday in the ocean! Most of them were young people.
- The medical clinic is one week away from opening. The final finishing touch ups of paint and landscaping are going in. The next medical team arrives on Saturday, March 3rd and the clinic will be open Monday, March 5th.
- The first story of the technical school walls, doors and windows are all framed in and beams for the second story are started.
- Roosevelt, a young boy who came to our medical clinic a year or so ago for consultation and was diagnosed with a severe heart condition, has finally had his heart operation. The doctors all thought that he was beyond surgery as his condition had deteriorated so rapidly in the year, but by a miracle of God, he was able to undergo the operation in Dominican Republic and came out well!
- Guito, another young heart patient of ours also went for his operation in Dominican Republic this week. We are waiting to hear of his success.
- The foundation has started for the first children's village duplex on the new South Campus property. We are so thrilled that we have been able to start this new project. Our territory is expanding!
I will try to post some pictures this week! You can also check out Chris' Blog as he always keeps up some great pictures and news.